'Like it was painted by God': Iowa and a sunset steal the show during MLB's Field of Dreams game
All eyes in the baseball world were on Iowa on Thursday night for MLB's Field of Dreams game between the Chicago White Sox and New York Yankees.
And Iowa did not disappoint.
From the brand-new stadium to the players' pre-game entrance from the cornfield and the gorgeous Iowa sunset, baseball fans were gobsmacked by Iowa's first MLB game.
The game itself was a thriller. The White Sox won, 9-8, on a walk-off home run from Tim Anderson. It was the eighth homer of the game, and it capped a spectacular night of baseball in Iowa.
Will there be a Field of Dreams game next year?
Some fans were hoping for more Field of Dreams games in the future. Luckily for them, MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred announced Thursday that the league will return for another game in 2022.
Read more on the MLB's Field of Dreams game
- Field of Dreams live updates: Aaron Judge, Jose Abreu each hit home runs
- Watch: Field of Dreams actor Kevin Costner emerges from corn field ahead of MLB's Yankees-White Sox game
- Didn't get a ticket to the Field of Dreams game? Here's where you can watch it on TV
- MLB's Field of Dreams ballpark about to get its debut. Here's what you should know.
- Yes, the Field of Dreams is a real place. Here are 9 things you should know.
Aaron Marner is a digital producer with the USA Today Network. You can follow him on Twitter @A_Mar32.