The Story County Treasurer’s Office is changing its hours of operation for the public. The change will be for the second Tuesday of each month when the updated office hours will be 9:30 a.m.–5 p.m. The office will remain open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on all other days.
The Story County Treasurer’s Office believes in continuous improvement. The treasurer and staff will be using these 90 minutes each month for training, development and communications. This will ensure the citizens of Story County are continually served by a knowledgeable and informed staff in an accurate and efficient manner.
The treasurer’s office has a comprehensive plan to communicate these changes. This includes:
• Posting signage at the front desk of the Administration Building and outside and inside of the treasurer’s office.
• Updating the hours of operation on the treasurer’s page of the www.storycountyiowa.gov website and the Story County page of www.iowatreasurer.org.
• Sending out a press release to Story County media outlets.
• Requesting the county outreach and special projects manager discuss it on her regular spot on local radio.
• Including an ongoing notice with specific dates in the “Our Story” newsletter.
The Story County Treasurer’s Office looks forward to continuing to provide excellent service to the people of Story County.