Charlie Hugunin, 5-year-old daughter of Tim and Jenny Hugunin and sister of Alex Hugunin, continues to battle cystic fibrosis (CF). Charlie is what you could call a Princess in Training — loves to play soccer, draw pictures and play with friends at pre-school. In between all the fun are lots of treatments, often taking up a good part of her days.
On April 6, from 7-11 p.m., the Hotel Pattee (located in Perry) and Charlie’s Angels fundraising team will present the third annual “Breathing Life into the Future” gala. The evening gala will raise needed funds for research for a cure for cystic fibrosis.
CF is a life-threatening genetic lung and digestive disease that causes heavy mucus in Charlie’s lungs, pancreas and other organs. The money raised from this event will fund valuable research and new medications to help find a cure.
Here are some details:
• $30 per person – online registration at https:/3rd-annual-breathing-life-gala.eventbrite.com.
• This year we are offering reserved seating at a table for $5 per person, or $50 for a table for 10 people. Each sponsored table has items that those people sitting at the table can take home with them.
• You can register for a reserved table on the Eventbrite site as well. If you want to pay at the door, please contact Lynn Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to April 1 to secure a reservation.
• Dueling Musicians “Mike and Andy” will be providing the entertainment.
• There will be several opportunities to take part in a Silent Auction, Live Auction and Charlie’s Shopping Mall during the evening. Some of the silent auction items include the following: Hot Air Balloon Ride, ISU items, an autographed baseball and baseball card by Michael Wacha of the St. Louis Cardinals, autographed ISU football posters and much more.
Fighting CF for Charlie is the right thing to do. She has dreams about tomorrow and the future. We need to Breathe Life into her Future!
All proceeds will be given to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Iowa Chapter.