• Northwest Missouri State University announced that Ashley Thomsen, Nevada, has been named to the president’s honor roll at the end of the 2018 spring semester. Students named to the president’s honor roll have attained a perfect 4.00 GPA for the semester.
• Andrea Roberts, a elementary education major from Zearing, has been named to Upper Iowa University’s dean’s list for the 2018 spring semester. To be honored, a student must have earned a minimum 3.50 GPA for the semester.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Dakota Mills graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training also earn four credits toward an associate in applied science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Mills, a 2016 graduate of Nevada High School, is the son of Andrew and Natasha Mills of Nevada.
• Kennedy Newell of Kelley and Ashley Kew of Maxwell were named to the dean’s list at Iowa Central Community College for the spring 2018 semester. Requirements for the dean’s list are a 3.5-3.99 GPA and a minimum of 6 credit hours.
• Kylie Rinehart received a bachelor’s degree at Northwestern College’s commencement ceremonies Saturday, May 12. Rinehart graduated with a major in athletic training from Northwestern College. She is the daughter of Tim and Joanna Sarver of Orange City, formerly of Colo.
• Mara Rhodes was named to the 2018 spring semester president’s list at Simpson College in Indianola. Rhodes is the daughter of Mark and Lynn Rhodes of Nevada. Students named to the president’s list earned a 4.0 GPA.
• Tyler Helgeland of Colo, and Mathew Deaton and Nicole Steinmetz, both of Nevada, were named to the dean’s list at Iowa Central Community College for the spring 2018 semester. Requirements for the dean’s list are a 3.5-3.99 GPA and a minimum of 6 credit hours.
• Tynea Gerbo of Nevada was named to the spring 2018 dean’s list at Marshalltown Community College. To be eligible, students must have taken 12 or more credit hours during the semester and have earned at least a 3.5 GPA.
• Brooke Huffaker of Nevada and Samantha Riese of Zearing were named the 2018 winter/May term dean’s list at Wartburg College. The list honors students who earned a cumulative grade-point average of 3.5 or above in at least five course credits during the terms.
• Central College student Tiffany Latshaw of Nevada earned a spot on the dean’s list for spring 2018. The honor is awarded to full-time students who achieve a 3.5 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale while taking 12 or more graded credit hours for the semester.
• Peyton Dugger and Sydni Dugger of Nevada were named to the Missouri State University dean’s list. For undergraduate students, criteria include enrollment in at least 12 credit hours during the spring semester and at least a 3.50 GPA.
• The Elks National Foundation Scholarship Program awarded a scholarship to Malachi Hornbuckle, who will be attending Brown University this fall. He was chosen as the 2018 Most Valuable Student, sponsored by Ames Lodge #1626. Hornbuckle’s response to being chosen was, “Being an Elks scholar means that other people believe in my potential success and are willing to invest money in me because they trust me to use it well.”