The Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation and Auxiliary are currently accepting scholarship applications for students beginning or continuing their education in health care.
Applications are due March 30 by 4 p.m. in the Mary Greeley Medical Center External Relations office, located on the third floor of the North Addition. Scholarship recipients will be notified in April.
For more information or to obtain application forms, go to www.mgmc.org/scholarships or contact External Relations at 515-239-2147.
• Mary Greeley Medical Center Auxiliary Health Career Scholarship for graduating seniors from select area schools pursuing a career in health care. A minimum of two awards will be designated to children who currently have a parent or guardian who works or volunteers at Mary Greeley Medical Center.
• Mary Ann Carr Health Career Scholarship (1 award - $1,000)
• Linda K. Dasher Health Career Scholarship (1 award - $1,000)
• Auxiliary Health Career Scholarship (15 awards - $1,000/each)
• J. Ben Buck Scholarship for graduates or high school seniors pursuing a degree in a health-related career. Preference is given to Ames High School graduates or seniors. (1 award - $1,000)
• Nursing Legacy Scholarship for Mary Greeley Medical Center registered nurses pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Preference is given to a nurse pursuing a degree through Mary Greeley Medical Center’s on-site BSN program. (1 award - $500)
• Anna May Allan Endowed Nursing Scholarship for a student who is graduating or has graduated from an Iowa high school and is pursuing the study of nursing. (1 award - $2,500)
• Helen Sidles Undergraduate Nursing Scholarship for nursing students entering into their final year of nursing school. (2 awards - $1,000/each)