Lucy Martin, Story County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections, announces the county candidate filing period for the upcoming Primary Election.
• County candidate filing began on March 5
• County candidates file with the auditor.
• The deadline for candidates to file petitions and affidavits is Wednesday, March 28, at 5 p.m.
• The primary election will be held on June 5.
• Partisan races are for Board of Supervisors (two seats), Attorney, Recorder and Treasurer.
• Candidates for the Democratic, Libertarian and Republican parties may file.
Candidates are required to file nomination petitions with a specified minimum number of signatures; a candidate’s petition must be accompanied by a notarized affidavit of candidacy. All nomination papers must be filed with the auditor. Completed forms may be delivered in person or mailed to the Story County Auditor’s Office. Candidate forms are available in the Story County Auditor’s office, and on the websites for both Story County and the Secretary of State.
Detailed information about the upcoming primary election is available at www.storycountyiowa.gov/elections or by contacting the auditor’s office at 515-382-7210.
The auditor’s office is open Monday–Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.