Leslie Reynolds, CH., in conjunction with the nonprofit organization Health Awareness Clinics, will be conducting four free-to-the-public hypnosis seminars in this area. The first free seminar will be on Monday, Aug. 28, at the Senior Center, located at 1231 Sixth St. in Nevada. The second free seminar will be held in Ames on Tuesday, Aug. 29, at the Country Inn & Suites, 2605 SE 16th St. The third will be conducted on Thursday, Aug. 31, in Boone at the Senior Center, 1112 Story St. The final hypnosis seminar will be on Friday, Sept. 1, at the Story City Senior Citizens Center, located at 503 Elm Ave. All seminars begin at 7 p.m. Anyone 16 and over is welcome to attend. There is no preregistration, just arrive 20 minutes early, a $5 donation at sign-in is appreciated. Everyone in attendance will be hypnotized twice during the seminar. Health Awareness Clinics has helped over 500,000 people achieve their goals over the years. For more information on hypnosis and hypnotherapy, please visit HealthAwarenssClinics.org. Support materials will be available.
Reynolds, C.H., one of America’s leading hypnotherapists, states, “Aside from being completely safe, hypnosis is the easiest and most effective way to stop smoking and lose weight.” Hypnosis is a mental process, not a physical process. Don’t look for something you can feel or touch. It’s very similar to a meditative state. A hypnotist goes from talking to a subject’s conscious mind, which makes up approximately 12 percent of his/her brain, to their subconscious mind, which makes up the remaining 88 percent. This process is also called by passing their critical faculty. Breathing, blinking, your heart beating, is all covered by your autonomic system, your subconscious mind, that’s the main reason hypnosis has such an incredibly high success rate. Hypnosis works with your subconscious mind. By doing this, it takes willpower out of the equation.”